Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a ProBook 640 G1 that will not power on.

After pressing the power button, with a battery installed and the AC adapter attached, the Charging LED blinks white 9 times . Unplugging the AC adapter results in 9 amber blinks. The light on the AC Adapter itself remains solid green.

With the battery removed, and attached to the AC Adapter, three lights blink continously : The light on the power button (white), the Charging LED (AMBER), and the Power LED (White). The light on the AC Adapter itself remain solid green.

In both cases pressing or pressing and holding the power button has no effect. There is no indication that power is actually making in to the MB; no BIOS , nothing at all.

I do not have access to another unit with the same battery or AC adapter in order to try swapping those out.

Thanks,

Shane

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Almost same problem as reported. Using a Notebook 15. Closed the lid while sleep mode. When I opened, nothing displays. Rebooted after force shut down. Problem still there. WiFi network indicator and power indicator are lit. And HDD indicator blinks quite faster. Both fans are working. Get me a solution too
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.