09-30-2011 07:46 PM
I have Windows 7 and the model is an HP g60.
I have had my laptop for almost 23 months, and it is in great condition. Recently, I left it charged for a couple days while it was on, but it eventually turned itself off. Then I tried to turn it on and it would not come on. I took out the batteries a few times and tried turning it on, but it still does not turn on. When I plug in the charger, the charging light comes on, but it still will not turn on.
Did I charge it too much?
I use my computer for everything; Please help!
10-05-2011 02:53 PM
Thanks for replying! When I did that, it still did not show anything on the screen, but the lights came on. So the both charging lights came on(the charging light next to output and the the charging light of the three lights that come on when the laptop is on), but the screen was still black...
I really need my laptop to start working again, I use it for everything!!!
10-08-2011 07:26 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 02:34 PM by OscarFuentes
When the lights comes on does the HP logo appears on the screen?, or is there a beeping sound?, if you have an external monitor you can try plugging it into the laptop to berify if there is image on the external monitor, if there is then the laptop needs to be send to repair also try reseting the memory modules, and using the steps and links of this document
Hope to be of assistance
10-12-2011 12:56 PM
Thanks for replying again
Here are my results for the first method:
* The time when the light came on nothing appeared on the screen(not even the hp logo), it was black. There was also no form of sound coming from the laptop.
* When I tried the first method you gave me a second time, the laptop did not turn on. I also tried it twice more again and the laptop did not turn on, nor any of the lights and there was no sound.
I have not yet tried the second method but I will do so later and get back to you with my results.
My Laptop is kept in great condition, I think whatever is wrong with it was caused due to overcharging the laptop.
Thank You for all your help so far
10-15-2011 09:16 AM
Ok so just try the remaining steps of the document and if there is still no lights or there is lights but no image and you have tried an external monitor and reset the memory contact hp to have the computer repaired within warranty service
09-26-2012 07:26 PM
my wife is using the Hp windows7 back there in the philippines as tool of our communication here in canada. please help.
its very important to us.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot