Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp envy 360 convertible pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey gang,

My hp envy wont power up. I've had it plugged in, and the white charged light is on. I hit the power button and nothing happens. Unplugged and tried and still nothing. Tried holding for 20 (and 30) seconds, and then turning on. Tried this with it unplugged and theb plug in to turn on. Still nothing.

It happened earlier today and yesterday and both times I've just sat and pushed the button loads and eventually, randomly, it starts up. Once after 3 fast clicks, and another after leaving it for an hour unplugged and pressing once. So it doesn't have much logic to me.

Anyway, any tips would be massively appreciated. 

It doesn't have a detachable battery. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

Thorne

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi There,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number?

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hey 

Yeah, it's a hp envy 360 convertible pc. Model 15-ar052sa

Thanks

T

HP Recommended

@Tbizzleswivel,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey,

Thanks for this, but I've been through this process and nothing happens. Hard reset doesn't do anything so cannot turn on to do any updating drivers ect. 

I think it is likely the power button board, so I am looking at buying and replacing that. Becauae I I don't think it is the battery, as it would work with the power cable plugged in if it was. 

Any other tips, before I spend money purchasing the necessary board? 

Thanks, 

T

HP Recommended

@Tbizzleswivel

^Thanks for keeping us posted

This sounds like a Hardware issue

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your link doesn't work (y).

I tried going through the hp website, but i won't lie, it's incredibly crap. Finally got a case # and tried calling and it said the number is unavailable. I assume it's because i'm in the UK. Going through the process again for UK now.

Thoroughly disappointed in HP's customer support to be honest. I hope this can be fixed in my laptop, but if it can't i definitely won't be buying another laptop from HP.

HP Recommended

Please let me know if the issue persists after checking with Tech Support and I will escalate your case if required to HP's Regional Escalation Team

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Haven't managed to get through to anyone.

All I need to know is where to buy the correct power-button-board. 

Would you be able to tell me the difference between the AR and the AQ series?

I found this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gintai-Replacement-15-aq101na-15-aq102na-450-07K01-0001/dp/B07RPW6LN2?ref_=...

It looks visually the same as the one in my laptop, however it doesn't say it's compatible with the AR series.

Thanks,

Thorne

HP Recommended

In the HP service manual it has this product code: 856808-001 in the contents page for the 'connector board'. but when you scroll down to that section, it has this product code: 856792-001 for the replacement part. 

Could you advise me which one is correct, and which i should purchase, or if there is no difference between the two?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.