Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (97 Views)

Left Hand Hinge Broken - Again!!

Product Name: Envy 15.6 Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Exactly the same problem as before - all working great then on opening the top cover (screen) the left hand hinge seems to have failed causing the bezel, screen and top cover to become separated from each other. HP were contacted and arranged collection, repair and re-delivery.

Shame this has happened againSmiley Sad but hopefully HP can address my issue again soon.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (94 Views)

Re: Left Hand Hinge Broken - Again!!

@JustinPa

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (91 Views)

Thanks Kevin.

I look forward to hearing from them.

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

I'm having the same problem with my left hinge.  The hinge started to crack out of nowhere and the lid screen did not close properly.  I've been trying to find a fix for this for months and the problem is I have no idea how to repair it without spending a LOT of money.  The monitor still works but in the beginning when the hinge started cracking I stopped closing the lid all together because the screen started separating and the bottom left corner of the screen had a small black patch.  It seems as if hp hp should address this issue because it seems to be quite common as I came across this when I googled this problem. I am always very careful with my laptop as I rely on it for word processing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation