02-03-2017 11:10 AM
I have owned my HP Envy for roughly 4 years now and have had no issues, however, now the left screen hinge is causing the casing of the computer to separate. Several small pieces of metal from the hinge have either fallen out or are rattling inside the computers casing. The computer is no longer under warranty, but I have noticed this issue is a common one for HP laptops of this period. What can be done about this issue? Can HP repair this if the computer is sent in?
02-03-2017 11:12 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot