Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

One thing to ad - the HP representative was very polite and plesant as they told me that I could pay full freight to fix it, then offered the 35% discount. 

The information they were conveying was not helpful, but at least they were polite while they did it. 

The fact that the CSR that I spoke with had handled at least one customer in the past with the same issue confirms that HP knows there is a problem here. 

I wish they would own it, but apparently they will not, which is quite dissapointing.

HP Recommended
How much did it cost for you??? And also can you please tell me when did yu get it fixed???
Thnkyu
HP Recommended

This happened to my lap top as well. There is now a loose peice of plastic that gets caught in the cooling fan and makes a terrible noise. The computer was never dropped or handled in a rough manner. What can be done about this? It's only two years old and was very expensive.

HP Recommended

@clip2

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

If your response is anything like the response they gave me on my computer which was a few monhts out of its two year warranty, they will offer you 35% off of a +/- $300 repair.

I bought a Dell to replace it after having owned 3 other HP laptops.

I'm only one, but they lost me as a customer over this.   

HP Recommended

@TWISBELL wrote:

If your response is anything like the response they gave me on my computer which was a few monhts out of its two year warranty, they will offer you 35% off of a +/- $300 repair.

I bought a Dell to replace it after having owned 3 other HP laptops.

I'm only one, but they lost me as a customer over this.   

The response you got was absolutely typical, and I'm certain you are one of hundreds who have walked away from HP over this and similar issues.  

Of course, HP will never see this post, since according to their customer service reps, even though they have obviously spent millions of dollars and countless man hours to develop a rich online community of hp users, they don't bother to look at it for user information, and thus remain unware of any large numbers of hinge problems.

Make sure to read that last paragraph with your most sarcastic inner voice.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue as well.

HP Recommended

I posted earlier that I have the same problem.  After doing that I received communication form HP.  I was given the suggestion to attempt to find a local person who could repair it cheaply.  I was under the impression that HP was going to pay for the repair.  This was a very expensive laptop, and even though it's out of waranty, the hinge should not fail.  It's like the axle falling of a car.

The main reason though that HP should own this is that they have already faced a class action lawsuit over this:

http://www.classaction.org/hp-laptop-hinges-lawsuit

So that should have been lesson enough.  Now I have to pay 200 dollars or buy a new laptop, plus al the inconvinence that goes with that because HP did not figure out quality control.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I'm having the same issue as everyone else, case splits open at the corner near the screen's left hinge. 

Could you please put me through with the support service team? 

thanks.

HP Recommended

@suomistokr

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.