Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

This looks like something that HP should be addressing with some sort of recall.  Obviously there is a defect.  I have had this exact same problem---with a computer that his been babied since day one.  Mine started popping and then got progressively worse and of course it got bad right after the 1 year warranty expired.  This was a big reason I opted for the Envy with its supposed 'heavy duty' hinge in the first place.  Sadly, a relative bought a much cheaper Dell that whizzes along about as fast as the Envy---and that one opens and shuts with no problem.  This is my 3rd HP computer---and this defect has made me very averse to buying another.  Please let me know if HP decides to step up and take responsibility for what is obviously demonstrated in this thread is a hardware design failure.

HP Recommended

@HP112233

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@kevin-t
What is happening? I posted (replyed on this topic) in 07-24-2016 11:08 AM

All comments before and after my reply/post has received an answer. The last comment/reply was answered by you just 10 minutes after posted. So, why I am beeing ignored by HP?

HP Recommended

My left hinge just broke as well.

I have left my laptop on my desk for a year now rarely closing the screen to the keyboard.

I just returned from an trip to my hometown in which I took my laptop  for a second time with me as a carry-on on a plane and was extremely careful not to damage it because I'm fussy with my things. 

When I arrived home I noticed right away that the left hinge had broken, and now a week and a half later the fan does not work and my computer is shutting down frequently to protect itself from overheating.

Toyota or Honda would have bit the bullet by now and issued a recall. 

We shall see how HP responds to this obvious product defect.

I was actually in the market for an upgrade, so perhjaps the timing is a blessing in disguise.

HP Recommended

BTW this problem extends to my- HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j052nr Notebook

HP Recommended

I have the same broken left Hinge problem and I never dropped my laptop and always be a carefull user. I am using my laptop since 5 months in this condition becuase I am scared that I will never find a trustfull service or a fully resolved repairing procedure. I am scared that someone will open the case and just put some glue in the hinge with an attitude of '''hey next time you should not dropp your laptop if you love it so much. '''
and they will charge me extreame amount of money.
I will appriciate a lot if you can help me.

HP Recommended

@claret206 @orygun

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Please, can someone inform if HP is really making contact about this issue as said by "kevin-t"??

As I can see, eveyone is receiving answer from this profile (kevin-t) and HP is taking care of this issue for everyone except me.

I don't know why this profile (kevin-t) replyes to everyone except me, that's a problem with me? My issue is less important to HP than everyone else?

HP Recommended

Hey,

I am dealing with the same issue with my HP envy 17 notebook PC.  The corner of the case is spreading apart. It seems to get worse every time it's opened. The laptop has never been dropped or treated roughly. I still have warranty. 
I really appreciate help. Payed around 1000€ (not for such a weak cover that pops out by himself).

😞

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hey, 

Me 836th! Looks like HP made a seriously poor design and failed to properly test. I'm also having serious issues with my Envy's 1080p screen as well. At first I thought my screen cable was being pulled/split because my laptop was splitting apart.. then I realized no.. HP just makes really cheap computers. So now I probably need part numbers for the screen and bottom cover.

Can some HP mod direct me too?

Carly Fiorina (SNL): “I know Valdimir Putin personally. I sold him an HP printer and now he hates my guts. It doesn’t work... it never worked. And when Putin calls me to complain, I just smile that classic Carly Fiorina smile.”

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.