Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
I am also noticing the same issue with mine. Left hinge is popping off, I've tried to snap it back in but it always pops back off. No distinct damages like drops or falls or anything that should cause this. Nice to hear I'm not the only one that's had this issue. If anyone could point me where to go to get help that would be great, thanks!
HP Recommended

I also have this same issue with the left side hinge on an Envy 17.  I would also like to have my situation elevated so that someone will contact me for more info.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@sra2ssgt

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Could you also contact HP on my behalf as well as I m havine similar issues. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

The left hinge or something inside is broken on my Envy 15t-j100 too.

HP Support, please help!!

HP Recommended

Well, so I decided to open up the back cover using instructions from the HP service manual called-

HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC and HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I guess I picked it up somewhere on this forum.

It turned out that the area on the top cover that holds the screw that attaches the hinge to the top cover is completele disintegrated. So, the hinge is attached to the top lid (display) but not to the bottom (basewith keyboard). Looking at the detailed pictures in the guide above, it seems the "Top Cover" with part# 720570-001 needs to be replaced. They are available in Ebay for about $130 or so (one seller specifically mentions it is the fix for broken hinge problem on Envy 15t-j100...lol ...its that common). In the manual, the part is called Top Cover. On ebay it is called "Palm Rest". Go by the part number.

If you are handy, its fixable, I think. I might just buy another laptop since I never liked this screen (poor viewing angle) and the display wouldn't go back as far as I liked anyway. Its a shame though, it was a decent machine. And no HP next time. My better half reminded me that the last laptop I had was an HP and its hinge broke too. So, this company doesn't learn from its mistakes...

Hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

Hi,

We bought several Envy 17 for a department of 15 people at least 3 already repaired in guarantee, all with the same problem
("Popping" Bottom Cover or issue with the left side hinge on an Envy 17)

The warranty is over and I have another one with this problem, so from hp they tell me that they can not do anything because it is out of warranty ...

This is clearly a problem with the design or series

Can someone help me?

(HP ENVY 17-j103sp NB PC ALL SN: 5CG409045C)

HP Recommended
I have an HP Envy touchsmart. The bottom case popped out. Now not will not turn on. What can I do? It is not under warranty.
HP Recommended

@Mramirez30

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HI, I have the same issue on my laptop, I think this was caused by my self, but I am founding that is related to the design, please help me to resolve this issue

Manny

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.