Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Exact, I mean exact same issue, same side! Seems to be a design flaw with so many having this problem. I love this laptop, advise to correct is gratefully appreciated! I have an Envy TS 17"
HP Recommended

@Beagleguy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It's quite old now (3+ years) but my HP Pavilion G6 has exactly the same problem. I maybe close the lid 2/3 times a month and it never leaves my desk, yet today  I closed the lid and 'crack!' the left hinge made a grating noise, I checked and it has popped open/cracked the body of the laptop on the left-hand side, including the hinge.

I love this laptop too! 😞 No idea yet if it has damaged anything internal.

HP Recommended

@lukel

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue with my HP Envy 17" Touhscreen. The  left hinge started cracking and now almost the entire left side is separated. I've only had this laptop for a year and a half.  The laptop has never been dropped or abused. After seeing the other comments, I know I'm not alone. This is not the HP quality that I have relied on for years. What can  be done to remedy this obvious design flaw?  Thanks in advanfce for your quick response.

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Hi Duane,

There are just too many of the exact issues, left case popping open with no other damage, as experienced with the ENVY 17" TS for it to be unique, as I am told.  The fact that HP went to a metal sub chasse widely known throughout HP and the industry for reliability/breaking issues speaks clearly enough.  I personally like HP a lot, been using their equipment in both a business and personal environment since the early 90's with overall good success and reliability.  This case popping issue is real, if you have an ear to management, please let them know and voice, "kindly solve these breakages."  A laptop should not break from merely opening it and a factory the likes of HP, IMO, should do more than ignore the issues experienced by so many stating from case management, "we don't have any knowledge or bulletins of such problems with this model."

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  Please HP, I need a replacement, I don't want more damage to my computer derived from this defective part.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@maleli

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue with folks in this thread ie, my HP Envy 17 left-hinge bottom cover is popping. It is obvious that the bottom cover is giving way as I found some platic chips coming out of the laptop. I noticed there are alot of people having the same issue thus it may be a design fault. I am staying in Singapore and I would like to have this fixed. Please advise solutions.

Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.