Retired danny-r
Retired
8,251 7,081 141 474
Message 21 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left Hinge of an HP Envy 17 Notebook "Popping" Bottom Cover

@Bots99

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Imadeamistake Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 22 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same issue, not happy with HP.

Retired Omar-E
Retired
10,015 6,596 119 419
Message 23 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Imadeamistake

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
mappo Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 24 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here, the bottom left hinge just started making noise whet I open it. Initial open and then bending beyond 90 degrees seem to create the most separation. ;_;

18,685 14,011 293 1,095
Message 25 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mappo

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
I work on behalf of HP
AlexH123 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 1 0 1
Message 26 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but I have had my computer for over 2 years. Is there something that can be done?

brianjmorris Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 27 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I bought my HP ENVY with Leap Motion approximately mid-August last year and just notice the gap at the back left of the laptop by the hinge.

0 Kudos
KeithGeorgia Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 28 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WE too have this problem, although our laptop is more than a year old - how much are HP charging for a repair?

SandyK2 Tutor
Tutor
6 6 0 2
Message 29 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the EXACT same problem as you did back in January.  Did you find out anything about this issue and did you report it to HP???

SandyK2 Tutor
Tutor
6 6 0 2
Message 30 of 138
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi George,

Whatever came of this hinge popping issue on the Envy laptops?  Seems like it is a VERY COMMON DEFECT/FLAW.  I am not experiencing the same thing on mine!

Who should I contact about it???

Thanks George!

Sandy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation