keithamasters Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left Hinge on HP envy broke with very light use.

HP Envy 17 E1P14AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Immediately after my 1 year warranty ended my left hinge broke and my system began to overheat.  In regards to the hinge the use has been very light, generally it sits on a desk and stays open, clearly the design is very poor.  The over heating seems to have been building, but its not dust or obstruction, I suspect its the thermal paste, there have been quite a few posts on other sites about this.    Has HP recognized the hinge and overheathing as a design flaw or are they just letting their customers spend money to fix it?  What are my options.

1 REPLY
16424 212 859
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left Hinge on HP envy broke with very light use.

@keithamasters

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation