Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (100 Views)

Left hinge

Product Name: Envy 15 touchsmart
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi This is about the back cover below the left hinge which pops out around 4 to 5 mm when laptop is opened or closed. After checking, it seems that the back cover area that supports the left hinge is very weak and damages easily. I always thought that every laptop maker has tests which certifies how well a laptop deals with continuous opening and closing. Obviously corners have been cut and quality control have not been vigilant. With the number of complaints this has, HP should do an unconditional recall to redeem their name. I was considering getting a Spectre for my wife but now I have doubts about thier quality and customer focus.
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (78 Views)

Re: Left hinge

@Acmseno

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (63 Views)

Re: Left hinge

Thank you for your assistance. I received an email from HP. I hope we can find a resolution for this concern soon. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation