Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G60 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings! I trust you are all healthy in this testing times.

I have an old machine , 11 years old, that works pretty well for basic web browsing and social media, although slow from time to time. I would like to download SAS software and move forward with data analytics, but I'm unable to have the virtualization enabled.

I attempted the various methods suggested to access the BIOS and enable the change to no avail. I also found that I had a Legacy Boot.

Can you please help in enabling a virtual network to install SAS? SAS is not help as the issue is not the software, but my hardware, my notebook?

Thanks in advance for considering.

Ghis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ghislain10 

IF you're asking can you change a legacy BIOS PC to UEFI, as far as I know, the answer is no.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ghislain10 

IF you're asking can you change a legacy BIOS PC to UEFI, as far as I know, the answer is no.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WAWOOD, Greetings and many thanks for your prompt reply.

May ask further if there is any other way I can enable virtualization on my laptop or should I consider acquiring new equipment?

Bests

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.