Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ60-615DX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Failure of Long Drive Self Test, however no Failure ID was given? how do you fix something when diagnostics does not tell you whats wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @fto1481 ,

Did you mean the hard drive long test?

Was that done in the HP Hardwrea Diagnostics UEFI utility?

I suggest that you connect the power adapter and run the Extensive hard drive test.

Four to five years is about the time to consider replacing a notebook.

The documentataion I have used as reference shows your notebook model as a 2015 model year edition. Is that correct?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

replaced hard drive and battery, still getting same error code 10008, replace hard drive. this is crap

HP Recommended

In the first post you made, you did not provide the " same error code 10008". 

That would have been helpful. More information is far better than just a general desription.

From which specific component test did that error code come from?

Why did you replace the battery?

Did you reinstall the operating system to the new hard disk?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.