Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 cp0012ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A year has passed and I noticed that noteboot became a little thicker around the touchpad. I removed the case and the worst scenario has been confirmed: the battery is to explode. It looks extremely dangerous, served well till the very end though.

Where can I order a longevous battery which is mentioned in documentation?

Preferably in Belarus, but Moscow is not too bad too.

The number of current battery is 6gxla51cfb7nyt. "Replace with HP spare L09281-855 2018/08" 11.55v 52/5Wh 4560mAh

LK03XL Rechargeable  Li=ion Battery.

Got the last photo of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just did one myself on my own laptop. Yes handle it carefully you do not want to tear the outer casing and expose the Lithium ion material inside. It will not explode I assure you but its still a hazardous piece of chemicals. The Service Manual lists one battery:

(4) Battery (3-cell, 52-WHr, 4.55-AHr, Li-ion, includes cable) L09281-855

Longevous is an English word you do not see much. Just means long-lived. HP batteries are warranted one year. You might find a third party compatible battery warranted longer. However, they are all made out of similar materials with cells purchased from the same sources so lenght of warranty is a marketing decision not indicative of the quality. Most laptop batteries last 2-5 years. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The battery is not going to explode but you still want to remove it. 

https://www.ebay.de/itm/L09281-855-Hp-3c-52wh-4-55ah-Li-Lk-Battery-15M-CN0011DX-15M-CN0012DX/1641091...

HP Recommended

Is it "longevous" battery? Specification said that I can order some longevous battery with a 3 year life time instead of one. I would like to have one.

BTW I removed the battery immediately. It looks pretty scary.

HP Recommended

I just did one myself on my own laptop. Yes handle it carefully you do not want to tear the outer casing and expose the Lithium ion material inside. It will not explode I assure you but its still a hazardous piece of chemicals. The Service Manual lists one battery:

(4) Battery (3-cell, 52-WHr, 4.55-AHr, Li-ion, includes cable) L09281-855

Longevous is an English word you do not see much. Just means long-lived. HP batteries are warranted one year. You might find a third party compatible battery warranted longer. However, they are all made out of similar materials with cells purchased from the same sources so lenght of warranty is a marketing decision not indicative of the quality. Most laptop batteries last 2-5 years. 

HP Recommended

okay I have ordered LK03XL 55.8Wh 4835mAh for now, will see how it work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.