Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 convertible 15m-ed0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased an HP Envy x360 convertible 15m-ed0023dx laptop but can't seem to find a compatible active pen which is really frustrating. Not having a compatible pen makes the convertible feature pretty useless :/. Does anyone know of one, either HP or third party that is compatible with this specific model? Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kade_J0hnson 

I don't think it's the pen - the display has to have the digitizer element in the display panel.

As to whether "any" other pen will work, no, I cannot answer that.  I would guess maybe not.

Wimpy wording deliberate.  This is not an area of specialty for me.

Call the HP Store - tell them you want to purchase a computer that supports a stylus.  See where they guide you.  No, you do NOT have to actually purchase another computer - it is a good way to find out what you need and what price point is necessary to get what you want.

Store/HP.com USA Sales

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Kade_J0hnson 

Unfortunately,

No HP Stylus for this model.

I cannot see any indication that this model supports an active pen / stylus.

Edits - Additional Information

Found mention of "Pen" in the Maintenance Guide.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to actually purchase.  Part is not available from HP.

I (still) cannot find indication that your model (of computer) supports a stylus / pen.  Regardless, for the sake of completeness, I am including the information.

Maintenance and Service Guide

Zenvo pen in natural silver finish with cable              L95614-001

Zenvo pen in sky black finish with cable                      L95615-001

What?

I believe, based on what little I can find, that this pen comes (in the box) with suitable (supported) products within the group (of products) covered by the Maintenance guide.

?  🐀 Rats.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15m-ed0023dx

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks for the swift reply. It is unfortunate that HP doesn't sell a pen to go with this laptop but do you happen to know if there are any third party pens that would be compatible? thanks I really appreciate it 🙂

HP Recommended

@Kade_J0hnson 

I don't think it's the pen - the display has to have the digitizer element in the display panel.

As to whether "any" other pen will work, no, I cannot answer that.  I would guess maybe not.

Wimpy wording deliberate.  This is not an area of specialty for me.

Call the HP Store - tell them you want to purchase a computer that supports a stylus.  See where they guide you.  No, you do NOT have to actually purchase another computer - it is a good way to find out what you need and what price point is necessary to get what you want.

Store/HP.com USA Sales

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks that's a really good idea I appreciate the help

HP Recommended

@Kade_J0hnson 

You are welcome.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I can share my experience regarding this laptop and hunt for a stylus. I've run into dead-ends on the HP website regarding compatibility for my exact model. Wacom didn't list it either for any of their products.  But this laptop supports Microsoft Ink, so I assumed one of Bamboo Styluses had to work because they claim to support ink as well. The Wacom Bamboo Ink Smart Stylus. 2nd generation, does work with this laptop, I did also learn for sure that this model laptop does not support tilt so i didn't get the ink plus.

The Bamboo Ink Smart Stylus supports 2 protocols: Wacom AES and WIndows MPP. I was hoping AES would work, but the Wacom software said the laptop wasn't supported so i couldn't use that protocol. After inserting the battery, it immediately connected to the laptop using WIndows MPP, but none of the buttons would work. From what i've read, they should provide default actions, like erase and back button, but nothing worked in apps i thought would support it.

Overall, the pen works well: draws straight lines consistently, and has all the functionality on the touchscreen you'd expect, but you can't use the buttons. I'm still looking for another stylus that give that functionality, but may end up keeping this one due to general lack of information.

I hope this helps someone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.