Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13z-ay000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP Envy x360 13z-ay000 8JN79AV laptop's hinges decided to snap the screws in the back cover one day, which means that I need to replace the hinge, the display back cover, and the screws that mount the hinges to the back cover myself as I'm past warranty. I could find and purchase the hinges and back cover easily, but I can't seem to find the right screws for a proper repair.

According to the HP Parts Store finder tool, the model number for the screw kit is L95411-001, as found here. Searching different third-party stores, I couldn't find it in stock. Would it be possible to get this part straight from HP instead of having to look on eBay?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andersis

Thank you for posting back.

That's unfortunate. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. Our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Andersis

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found out the part number for the screw kit: L95411-001 you can enter the part numbers in the Google search bar to discover the exact screw kit. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've looked online for it, but there don't seem to be any on sale. I really only need a phillips M.20x3.5mm screw with an 8mm diameter washer head, but the screw kit would come in handy if I ever need to make other repairs.

HP Recommended

@Andersis

Thank you for posting back.

That's unfortunate. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. Our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Amazon or eBay would be the place to search for "M.20x3.5mm screw with an 8mm washer  head"

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.