Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-AK009TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had several overheating & sudden shutdown issues for the past several years, and have replaced my battery twice (at a very expensive price) at a local (and official) HP Aftersales Service Center.

It didn't solve the problem though, it was just a waste of money since the same problems kept happening within a couple months.

(Just for your information, I never overclocked my cpu, nor did I ever undervolt it, and the HP employee told me my cooling system was fine)

Anyways, all of the above is just background information. Realizing that my warranty is expired now, I just want to get it to work, and I'm planning a way to get the motherboard out and get the cpu (and gpu if possible) in a better cooling system.

I'm looking for someone or something to give me a hand on figuring whats what on the motherboard. I've figured most Pavillion 15 series have similar layouts, so a diagram or explanation of other models would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MattNa,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you need support and assistance. I'll be glad to help you out.

Here's the Product specifications of your PC: HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak009tx Product Specifications

Below is the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook, Here you have the parts which are compatible and tested on your PC: 

Click here for the link.

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

If you find difficulty replacing the part, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MattNa,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you need support and assistance. I'll be glad to help you out.

Here's the Product specifications of your PC: HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak009tx Product Specifications

Below is the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook, Here you have the parts which are compatible and tested on your PC: 

Click here for the link.

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

If you find difficulty replacing the part, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.