Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, this is my first time upgrading RAM! I've got a HP 15-dc1005na, 5QP98EA#ABU bought with 8gb RAM. Task manager says it's SODIMM 2667Mhz, SODIMM. I've found this online : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-DDR4-PC4-19200-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B071KNKBQ1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=... I'm not sure of the difference between single rank, single rank x8 and dual rank. Will the 8GB single rank 2666Mhz be compatible for me? Would anyone be able to help me please? Really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They are the same. The picture on the link you posed is dual rank but you would be ordering the single rank version same as @banhien  suggested. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@whazza 

It would work buy why not with few more pounds you can buy the one will work

https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-omen-15-dc1005na

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is the part number of the factory 8 g module:

SODIMM 8 GB 2666 MHz 1.2 v DDR4 937236-850

Manual

Start on p. 34 and then jumb to p. 40 for memory replacement. On your laptop this job is entirely customer authorized in other words you have no worries about losing the warranty. Your memory looks like this:

single rank DDR4-2666 SO-DIMMsingle rank DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM

memory slots in red boxmemory slots in red box

Above image shows location of memory slots.

That Crucial shows a picture of dual rank memory but the pull down menu says you would be ordering single rank which is what you need. Dual rank is likely to work fine but better to order as close to the same memory as possible. 

Good luck; post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

@Banhien Hi, thanks for that. Is there a reason to buy the one on the crucial website instead? they both look exactly the same. Both CT8G4SFS8266

HP Recommended

@Banhien Hi, thanks for that. Is there a reason to buy the one on the crucial website instead? they both look exactly the same. Both CT8G4SFS8266

HP Recommended

They are the same. The picture on the link you posed is dual rank but you would be ordering the single rank version same as @banhien  suggested. 

HP Recommended

Thank you both very much for your help, i will order now from Amazon @banhien

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.