Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loose Hinge on Pavilion x360

Paviion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got a new Pavilion 8th Generation 360 PC.  I noticed that sometimes the screen bends back quickly and I'm worried the hinges are already loose.  Could the HP professionals comment if this is normal.  I see it happened on previous models.  There seems to be a lot of resopnses from HP moderators that a separate email will be sent to you....how about posting what is normal for the Pavilions that switch to tables, so we all can be sure this is normal and not a design flaw that needs to be fixed.  And if the hinges come looser as we own it longer, that we can tighten the screws.   Thanks.  

4 REPLIES 4
Retired danny-r
Retired
8,251 7,081 141 474
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JeanTWangWang

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
JeanTWangWang Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Danny-r:  This is the exact response that is so "unhelpful" on this forum.  Please have someone from HP actually answer the question on what is a proper swing factor on the new pavilions.   what good is this forum if you guys only respond that someone will response separately thru email.  That is not the purpose of a forum....share perpective for everyone.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
bestcover Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with a 4 month old x360 pavilion still under warranty. Spoke to HP - yes its covered under warranty over the phone accepting there was a hinge problem. They arranged to pick the laptop up and emailed to say it was being processes. 

It started to fall away as they advised the broken hinge and damage to the screen (non existent damage to the screen) was caused by accidental damage OR misuse and so this was not covered by the warranty unless I was prepared to pay £360 for the repair. So they couldn't even identify whether it was accidental damage or misuse - laughable as the rest of the laptop was still in pristine condition - not a scratch to be seen.

Diabolical customer service but I will not let this rest and will not be conned by a company who thinks customer service is something that just goes on a nameplate on a door

0 Kudos
3,009 2,951 184 521
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bestcover

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation