leonmate
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Beeping - Can't find what's wrong

Spectre x360 15 bl000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, just got this laptop 2 weeks ago and I'm having quite a concerning problem with it...

Twice since I've got it, it has started a very loud beep which continued for about 10 seconds. The first time I shut down the laptop to stop it, the second I just waited it out.

I have a feeling it's something to do with the speakers failing. As I'm writing this I've noticed that the speakers are making a weird hissing noise behind my music and the sound in general sounds off - a bit tinny. Not as they were when I first bought it and not what I'd expect from my Bang & Olufsen built in speakers. I'll restart the laptop and let you know if that has fixed the sound issue.

Anybody else experienced this problem? The loud beep makes me think it's hardware related 😕

Thanks,

Leon

2 REPLIES 2
leonmate
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just reset the laptop. The speakers are now working perfectly fine again, no hissing or tinnyness. Weird...

Still quite concerned about this beeping, so please let me know if you have any ideas what may be causing it.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 484 927
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @leonmate

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer making a loud noise which using. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Were you using the computer on your bed or couch when the computer made a loud noise?

As you did not get any errors, it is very hard to isolate the issue you are facing. 

However, to make sure that your computer is working correctly, please run an extensive test on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

Once all the test passes, please run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation