Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15-ee0002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While on a zoom meeting , my HP Envy started making a loud buzzing sound,  freezing the screen and I lost audio and ll my zoom meeting recording as I couldn't save . I had to turn the laptop off to stop the noise. The laptop is barely 2weeks old so I wasn't expecting this sort of behaviour.

Many thanks

Dynks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@dynk 

Does this only happen during Zoom meetings? Asking because that is basically the same performance demands as streaming and that will stress the processor and drive up the fan speed -- which could product a buzzing sound.  If the sound goes away after rebooting and NOT running Zoom again, then that is probably the issue.

Also, the most recent version of Zoom is 5.2.3 which came out on the 9th of September.  You should checks your and update it if it is older than this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

This is common problem on HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop with AMD processor.  Unfortunately HP thinks it's solved, but it's not.   The issue is cause by the AMD internal microphone driver.  

If you connect headset, then no problems with Zoom meetings.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-x360-No-microphone-Model-15M-EE0013DX/td-p/7707...

HP Recommended

@WAWood

Thanks,  it happened as you described, sound goes away after I turned it off and restarted the laptop and has only happened on zoom meetings. What can I do to stop this from happening again please?

Does that mean I can't stream or join zoom meetings using the laptop? 

I will also check my zoom app to see if it requires an update.

HP Recommended

FYI, I also have an HP Envy with AMD processor, and mine does this exact same thing, and it only happens during Zoom calls. I have not tried using a headset when talking.

The problem occurs suddenly, the buzzing will start and it is loud enough to be heard all over the house. It completely disrupts the meeting and the only way to fix it is to reboot the computer.

I have updated all drivers and made sure I was running the most recent version of Zoom.

HP Recommended

This is happening to us too, I hadn't put much thought but realized that it is only happening during Zoom use. I tried contacting HP prior to this and they say it is nothing within the scope of the warranty and that I have to pay a fee to get it fixed. But it seems that there is not a fix for this, better save my money and return the HP. It's just been about a month since we purchased it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.