11-03-2016 08:36 AM
There is a loud and griding kind of noise while i use my laptop.
It is so annoying and it keeps on vibrating the laptop too.
My laptop model number is HP ENVY M6 1215TX .
I have been using it for the past 3 years now and there has been no heating issues or fan issues.
Please tell me what to do.
Should i get the fan replaced or laptop serviced?
And around what will it cost me if i go for the replacement of the fan? (My laptop is not covered in warranty)
11-03-2016 08:44 AM
Well the problem is unquestionably the fan. The replacement process is shown on p. 73 of the Manual here:
Where do you live (country)? I ask because I am not familiar with what service technicians charge for this kind of work in every country. In the US I can tell you the part would be maybe $15-20US and the labor would be $80-150. If you have some skills at following a manual and maybe a video it is something you can do yourself.
We are happy to help as much as possible.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot