Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-ek0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I just bought this HP Omen 15 2020 laptop for myself 4 days ago with an i7-10750H CPU and RTX 2060. 16 gb RAM. The advertised battery life is up to 12.5 hours, although most people I have seen with this laptop seem to be getting around 4-6 hours of battery life out of it. I was barely eeking out 2 hours on battery while light tasking (i.e. surfing the web on Chrome, Youtube). I have now disabled turbo and closed all unnecessary background tasks and only managed to get 3-3.5 hours on battery at near lowest brightness while only using Google Docs and reading pdfs. I'm concerned that this is a problem. If there is a workaround to lengthen battery life beyond what I have done, please let me know and advise on the best course of action at this point, as the product is still under warranty. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shiv_Dewan wrote:

....The advertised battery life is up to 12.5 hours, although most people I have seen with this laptop seem to be getting around 4-6 hours of battery life out of it....

@Shiv_Dewan 

Do you believe that ? I don't know what is your Omen 15-ek0xxx but it requires 200W charger and has max 70WHr battery. Surfing the web on Chrome, Youtube machine probably runs at around 25W-30W.

You can work out yourself how long battery will last for each 100% charge.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

To clarify, I am certainly not looking for 12.5 hours of battery life. I understand that it is unrealistic. However, the majority of owners of this same model that I have spoken with and seen on online forums consistently seem to get at least 4 hours at least of light work out of this laptop on full battery. Many are getting 6 hours of light work, and 4 hours of video playback. The values you gave would result in around 2.5-2.8 hours of battery life, which is far below what most get and what I got yesterday for that matter. I am wondering whether this is an issue with my particular device's battery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.