Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion G4 1301au amd radeon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have low usable ram problem in my pc.. 

My laptop was with 2gb ram.. I upgraded it to 4gb but it shows 1.48gb usable out of 4gb ram

I had already tried msconfig, boot, max value option when i set it to 4096 and after clicking ok..  It resets to 0 automatically... I had not found memory remapping and chipset config settings in bios setting...  Plzzz help me😢😢😢

IMG_20200731_002907.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Dp32

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Are you using a single 4 GB RAM or 2 X 2 GB RAMs

You will not be able to do memory remapping and change chipset config settings in the  BIOS

Try restoring the BIOS back to factory settings

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for showing interest..and i am happy that your a hp employee but this not solved my problem.. I am using 2 rams of each 2gb..

It shows hardware reserved 2.5gb.. But in my other laptops it is only 127 or 147 mb .. I saw on YouTube that by changing chipset config it will be solved but i haven't any advanced option in my insyde rev3.5 bios...  So help me plzz. 

IMG_20200731_112536.JPG

HP Recommended

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking, Chipset Configuration and increasing the VRAM are locked.

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So,  kindly suggest me any way to sove my problem or to unlock my locked features of bios because in any condition i want my pc to be working with its full efficiency... Plzzz help me.. 

HP Recommended

@Dp32

I understand your concerns but unfortunately there is no update or softpaq that can be downloaded to unlock the BIOS options since this is by Design

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So,what can i do to get rid out of this problem.. because this has made my pc tortoise.. So tell me anything that could i follow to solve it... 

HP Recommended

@Dp32

Try Restoring the BIOS back to default after installing the RAM

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

But it is not working....  Nothing happens after setting bios defaults..

HP Recommended

@Dp32

This seems to be by design and unfortunately there is no way to tweak the settings in BIOS

You can also refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/978610/the-usable-memory-may-be-less-than-the-installed-mem...

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.