Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p033TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to know if my laptop HP Pavilion 15-p033TX has an M.2 SSD slot. I’m planning to install my OS on an SSD to make my laptop function faster. If there’s none, can I replace my optical drive into an SSD caddy instead? What are the downsides in terms of functionality? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@iBarets Here's all you need to know about upgrades:

Disclaimer: I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

For details on parts tested and approved by HP to work on your device, also use the above link for keyword search to find the parts you need, along with its part numbers: refer to page. 43 to 44 Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog

There doesn't seem to be any M.2 SSD slot on it, although, you should be able to replace the optical drive with an SSD with a caddy of the same size, although, in my personal opinion, its best you check with a local tech to be on a safer side before investing on the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@iBarets Here's all you need to know about upgrades:

Disclaimer: I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

For details on parts tested and approved by HP to work on your device, also use the above link for keyword search to find the parts you need, along with its part numbers: refer to page. 43 to 44 Chapter 3 Illustrated parts catalog

There doesn't seem to be any M.2 SSD slot on it, although, you should be able to replace the optical drive with an SSD with a caddy of the same size, although, in my personal opinion, its best you check with a local tech to be on a safer side before investing on the same.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.