Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought a new Probook 450 G4, it came with Freedos and a 1 TB HDD, I7 7500U and 8GB RAM, I wanted to install my OS directly on an M.2 SSD so I made sure my laptop has the M.2 slot and  I bought one, I chose the ADATA Premier SP550 M.2 2280 (240 GB) which seems great. I inserted the SSD in the specified port along with the HDD which I intended to leave for storage, switched the computer on and checked on the BIOS and the SSD was there, I then booted from a Windows 10 UEFI USB and this is when I noticed that the SSD is not listed in the windows installer menu, only the HDD was there. I searched in the internet, disabled secure boot and made sure everything in the BIOS is well configured, except for the AHCI moe which is not available for modification as it is configured by default in HP BIOS (according to intenet). I opened DiskPart and the SSD was not there too.

I then removed the HDD and left the SSD only, in the windows installer I could only see the USB (from which I'm booting) and an empty drive with no allocated space and showing all values at 0.

I finally decided to install windows on HDD and then format the SSD in windows as proposed by some, but windows could not load the SSD in the file browser, nothing in the Disk Manager too, it only lists the HDD and CD ROM! so my M.2 SSD is not showing up anywhere, can it be dead ? the guy I bought it from said he already installed it on 3 ASUS ROG computers and they worked just fine and it might be my computer that is behaving abnormally!

I also downloaded the ADATA SSD Toolbox with no louck, no sign of my SSD too.

Any ideas please ?

(sorry my windows is in french)Disk Manager.jpgDISKPART.jpg

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.