Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360

Hello !

I have choice betwen two models of Pavilion x360 13" :

13-a202nj

13-a201nj

The 13-a202nj have a "ssd M.2" and the 13-a201nj have a sata SSHD. 

I wanted to know if these two models have the same mother board with a slot M.2 and a slot Sata or if they have two diferents boards one only with M.2 slot and one with only sata slot ? 

I also wanted to know if the memory ram is upgradable from 6 to 8 GB ?

Thanks !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Yes it does have regular SATA slot too.

Manual is the same as what I posted in this thread - my first post.

Have a great week to you too!

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended
Hi,

Both of them have SATA and m2 SATA-3 NGFF SSD slots on board.

Manual:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04582281

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-13-x360-Convertible-PC-series/7527803/model/7685239/...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-13-x360-Convertible-PC-series/7527803/model/7685247/...

RAM can be upgraded to maximum 8gb with another 4gb of exactly same configuration given in the Manual and as the one on other slot, preferably the same brand.

Run this tool to know details of currently installed memory sticks:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thank you very much ! 

I don't find any explain of the M2 slot in the Service guide :

There is one slot for both, sata and M.2, and there is an adaptive flex for each one ? Or there is two different slot and space ? 

To explain myself, do you think that is possible to add a regular sata hard disck in the 13-a201 in addition to the M.2 SSD or to add a M.2 SSD to the 13-a201 in addition of the sata hard disk ? 

In fact i don't anderstand if the M.2 SSD take the place of the hard disk or if it's directly conected to the board with a empty hard disck place... (for the 13-a202)

HP Recommended

@Zynalo wrote: 

I don't find any explain of the M2 slot in the Service guide : 

Me too.

There is one slot for both, sata and M.2, and there is an adaptive flex for each one ? Or there is two different slot and space ? 

The m2 SSD can go directly only into m2 socket in the board. Likewise SATA SSD can go directly only into SATA port connection.

Now , there are adapters you would be able to buy to plug m2 SATA SSD into SATA socket.

To explain myself, do you think that is possible to add a regular sata hard disck in the 13-a201 in addition to the M.2 SSD or to add a M.2 SSD to the 13-a201 in addition of the sata hard disk ? 

This, I cannot confirm as I have seen feedbacks in here that m2 SSD and SATA drives won't work when put together .

In fact i don't anderstand if the M.2 SSD take the place of the hard disk or if it's directly conected to the board with a empty hard disck place... (for the 13-a202)

Regarding the specific two models you're concerned , I cannot confirm as I do not have those models with me. i.e., cannot confirm that m2 SATA SSD & SATA slots are present on the same board at a time as Manual don't illustrate it - only lists them compatible with the board. 

Reagards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Thanks you Visruth ! 

I hope someone from hp or someome have alreay opened these models will explain us how look likes these slots... 

HP Recommended

You're welcome!

I'll keep an eye over this thread for any updates.

HP Recommended

Update: Got an info from one of the HP Expert here that your model series should have slots for both m2 SATA SSD & SATA form factors like s000 & a000 series.
HP Recommended

So baaddd !! i just bought today the M2 ssd version... i will of course get it without the "Hard Drive Hardware Kit" ...

Anyway thank you for the information !

Do you know if adding RAM or hard disck is void the warranty of this model ? 

HP Recommended

If you go through the removal and replacement procedure described in the Manual, you'll see that it requires some major disassembly for both upgrade.

Give it to HP service center if you want to keep the warranty intact because if something goes wrong while upgrading yourself it'll definitely not be honored by HP.
HP Recommended

Yes i saw...

It's will be very difficult to find a HP serice center where i live... 

Ok sorry, i don't want to anoy you with questions like this but... I'am a profesional techncian and i am able to do the upgrade, do you know if the warranty is void by opening the device or by causing a damage during the work ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.