Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 p204nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is my HP Pavilion  15-p204nt suitable for M2 SSD ? Does it have PCI express slots ? if yes, which M2 ssd is recommnded by Hp ? 

Do i need any specific drivers for M2 ssd ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

By golly, you're right.

That is indeed a M.2 slot.

That slot would only support SATA M.2 drives, not NVMe.

See chapter 1, page 3 of the service manual.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not have any M.2 slots to install a SSD.

If you want to upgrade to a SSD, you will need to replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD.

Below is the link to the service manual...

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PCHP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

this is the back my motherboard. ı guesed the 14364h writen module as m2 slot. can you give me information about what is place is ?WhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 21.36.44.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-12-10 at 21.36.44 (2).jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

By golly, you're right.

That is indeed a M.2 slot.

That slot would only support SATA M.2 drives, not NVMe.

See chapter 1, page 3 of the service manual.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.