Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-DA0073TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP 15-DA0073TX is very much slow performing even after multiple formats and fresh installation before even 1 year of purchase, so thought of giving an upgrade of RAM & changing from HDD to SSD or M2 SSD but while reading about specs got confused and need guidance from you techies, Please help me figure this out.

First whats the max RAM capacity  HP 15-DA0073TX can have and at what clock speed, I mean whether its 2133 Mhz only or is it possible to switch to 2400 Mhz/2666 Mhz speed RAM.

Secondly is there a M2 /M2 pci slot in  HP 15-DA0073TX apart from normal HDD SATA slot so that I can use an SSD with the existing HDD.

Awaiting replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have a triple whammy for slow performance....the low end low voltage processor, only 4 gigs of RAM and a slow 5400 rpm hard drive. 2 out of 3 you can improve. Memory is stated max of 16 gigs (2 x 8). It would run 32 gigs (2 x 16) but that is frankly overkill. I would simply add another 4 gig module and have 8 gigs. For a low investment it would make a major difference. It uses DDR4-2400 memory but with the i3-7020U processor you have it downclocks to 2133 speed and there is no way around that. 

Service Manual 

Bottom cover removal starts on p. 38 and once you have it open you see this:

M.2 SSD = red circle RAM = green squareM.2 SSD = red circle RAM = green square

The M.2 SSD slot will accept the fastest type available: NVME. So get one of these:

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Internal-Solid-State-MZ-V7S500BW/dp/B07MFBLN7K/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=970...

And this:

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-DDR4-Laptop-Memory-2400MHZ/dp/B01N79H5HV/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=DDR4-2400...

Post back if you need any more help with the details but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You have a triple whammy for slow performance....the low end low voltage processor, only 4 gigs of RAM and a slow 5400 rpm hard drive. 2 out of 3 you can improve. Memory is stated max of 16 gigs (2 x 8). It would run 32 gigs (2 x 16) but that is frankly overkill. I would simply add another 4 gig module and have 8 gigs. For a low investment it would make a major difference. It uses DDR4-2400 memory but with the i3-7020U processor you have it downclocks to 2133 speed and there is no way around that. 

Service Manual 

Bottom cover removal starts on p. 38 and once you have it open you see this:

M.2 SSD = red circle RAM = green squareM.2 SSD = red circle RAM = green square

The M.2 SSD slot will accept the fastest type available: NVME. So get one of these:

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Internal-Solid-State-MZ-V7S500BW/dp/B07MFBLN7K/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=970...

And this:

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-DDR4-Laptop-Memory-2400MHZ/dp/B01N79H5HV/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=DDR4-2400...

Post back if you need any more help with the details but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

HP 15-DA0073TX model do not have a M.2 PCIe slot, Kindly do not purchase M.2 SSD for this model. 

Maximum RAM support for this Model is 8 GB. 2400MHz, 1.2v DDR4 S

HP Recommended

Thanks bro for your wonderful support, I spoke with a lot of people and they all commented to switch the os to ssd first and check the performance. So I ordered a 240 gig sata ssd as per the advice of the shop techie(hope it works out) but still I do have a small doubt while seeing the port in the laptop,it seems to support only nvme ssd as it got only 1  groove in between the connections while me seeing the image of sata ssd , it has 2 grooves in between connections.

Please share your opinions 

HP Recommended

I am sorry bro, the laptop do have an m.2 slot near to the battery . 

HP Recommended

Good to hear. Occasionally the Manuals show a slot that does not exist on certain models so I was concerned I had given you bad advice. Thanks for updating us. 

HP Recommended

No M.2 SLOT IN THIS MODEL.

HP Recommended

Dear Friend,

Kindly be informed that there is an M.2 slot in this model and i have installed an M.2 SSD stick in my laptop, now my machine performs very quick boot and shut down , also the over all performance of the machine has increased substantially.20200121_230516.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.