Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Geoaddict Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MO09 9 cell battery suddenly won't charge over 47%

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6t-7000. I purchased a 9-cell battery as second battery and I switch it out from time to time with my other battery. I have never had a problem with it charging or keeping a charge. Suddenly, I find that it won't charge above 47% of capacity. Only two of the four LED lights on the battery will light up. It charges up to 47% and stops. It will show that the unit it plugged in but not charging.  If I was seeing a degradation of the battery over time, I could accept that, but this happened suddenly. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5085 326 1046
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Geoaddict,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand the battery will not charge to 100%. To start, please try Testing and Calibrating the Battery. You should be able to find out if the battery has any issues..

If the battery appears to be fine, you can try to improve your battery performance.  For more information on improving battery performance, please review the following document: Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista).

If none of this helps, you can try purchasing a replacement battery if the computer isn't in warranty. If it is, you should be able to get a replacement over HP phone support. You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and if this helped you. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Teacher
Teacher
188 1 23
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mario, it would have been nice if you had pointed to the battery on the web site instead of to that great void that nothing is ever found in.  IN this case, the battery is about 3.5 years old, and I don't mind replacing it - if only I could actually find it on the HP web site!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation