Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2 (16gb, 4k)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 with a compatible docking station (HP Elite 90-watt TB3 dock). On my docking station (= DS), i use 2x HP Compaq LA2405x monitors. In Windows 10 display settings, my left monitor (= 2) is also the main screen. My right monitor (= 3) is the extra screen.

Ever since the combination (back in july of 2017) i have an issue with this. When i boot up my HP X360 (apart of my DS), then Windows will search my face for the sign in.

Before i show my face, i plug in de USB Type-C kabel of my DS. I'll wait untill both monitor wake up from sleep. Then i show my face to Windows and will sign in.

After the sign in progress. Everthing that was usualy on my left screen (= 2) now appears on the right screen (= 3). When i look into the Windows 10 settings, NOTHING changed!!! It still says that my left screen (= 2) is still my main screen.

Everyday when i sign in, i need to go to the Windows 10 display settings and do the fowlling steps:

1) go to Windows 10 display settings;

2) select nr. 3 monitor;

3) go to the bottom of the settings and checkbox the option "make display as mainscreen" (nothing happens because everything is already there);

4) select nr. 2 monitor;

5) go to the bottom of the settings and checkbox the option "make display as mainscreen".

6) now everything has come back to the main (LEFT) screen and i can continue my work as i would like to.

I was hoping that this was an software/firmware issue, but after almost 1 year of using it and updating everything, it still doesn't fix my problem.

This problem does NOT appears when i already (like now) in Windows 10 with the right settings. When i reboot my system, it will go correctly to Windows 10 without having to change my settings.

So it only appears when i take my laptop to home (does not use a second DS), come back at work, plug it in en tadda, i need to change de settings again... :indifferent:

What can i do?

ps. i am from the Netherlands, sorry for the bad English 🙂2018-05-14 09_21_11-Window.png2018-05-14 09_21_22-.png2018-05-14 09_21_30-Window.png

2018-05-14 09_36_09-.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.