Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Max Ram/Clock speed

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bw015nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

a friend of mine has a HP Notebook - 15-bw015nv (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05560694) and i am trying to figure out what the max supported capacity for Ram is and what clock speeds does the motherboard support. I tried to find these specifications but i couldn't find them in hp site.

Also, does the specific notebook has expansion slots for Ram or can i change the existing?

Currently it has a 4GB Samsung 1866Mhz Ram installed.

The reason i am trying to upgrade it, is because the OS uses 3.98 GB all the time with only 2-3 programs running that do not seem to use more than 100 MB Ram together.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
126,441 116,622 18,945 28,929
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs you posted, your friend's notebook has an AMD Dual-Core A6-9220 APU.

That means it has one memory slot, and the max memory the slot can take is 8 GB.

That means you would have to remove the 4 GB memory chip and replace it with an 8 GB memory chip.

DDR4-2400 should be the installed memory and it bridges to 1866 MHz which is the fastest speed the processor can run the memory at.

Below is the link to the service manual.  Chapter 1, page 2 has the memory upgrade info.

HP 15 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 15-bw0xxHP 15g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 15g-bx0xxHP 15q Lapto...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation