Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - m6-w102dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the max amount of RAM for HP ENVY x360 - m6-w102dx?  I currently have 8GB and would like to take it to the max available.  What is the recommended memory to purchase?

Thank you.

Jim

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't recommend anything bacause:

Two SODIMM slots - non customer accessible / non-upgradeable
DDR3L-1600 Dual Channel Support
Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:
16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)
12288-MB total system memory (8192×1) + (4096×1)
8192-MB total system memory (8192×1) or (4096×2)
4096-MB total system memory (4096×1) or (2048×2)

Source:  Maintenance and Service Guide

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-x360-m6-Convertible-PC-series/8499296/model/8788304/manu...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I take that to mean that if the machine already has 8GB I cannot add an additional 8GB to the RAM.   Your answer was great but not the answer I was hoping for.  I found where the max can be 16GB so I thought that meant I could add another to stick.

Thanks again. Lesson learned is to ask that question in the future.

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi,

The manual implies users can't upgrade RAM, this is the work for Authorized Service Provider parts otherwise will void warranty.

Please read the book (page 41) if you wish to DIY in future (after warranty period perhaps).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help.

Which book are you referring to for page 41?

Thank you again!

Jim
HP Recommended

Hi,

The link is in/on my previous reply

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

This can be upgraded but not easily PM me for details

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.