Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I have HP Elitebook 840 G5 and after I updated my BIOS to Q78 Ver. 01.17.00 08/04/2021, the Maximize my battery health option didn't work now and my battery charge at full capacity instead of the previous 79 %.

I  set up the option using your support video over here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8e9oWso_BE&ab_channel=HPSupport, so I log to the BIOS - > Advanced -> Power Management option -> Set option Maximize my battery health (it appears with information what this setting actually do), and after reboot it still does not work.

Would you please help to resolve that issue?

Greetings,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem was resolved when I just install the last firmware.

Looks like this is the solution untill the support gets their problems fixed ...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Martin_Rusev3-3

Try to install sp111205, Battery Health Manager update. I installed this update on my Elitebook 840 G3 a while ago. Below is the copy and paste of a description of the update. Read the Fixes. It redefines the options. This may straighten your problem. The update should be in the Firmware section of your model's Software and Driver Downloads site:

HP Battery Health Manager BIOS Setting Update

By downloading, you agree to HP's terms and conditions. HP Software License Agreement.

Type:
Firmware
Version:
1.0.2.1 Rev.A
Operating Systems:
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date:
Nov 20, 2020
File name:
sp111205.exe (0.5 MB)

This package provides a tool to update the HP Battery Health Manager BIOS setting on supported computer models running a supported operating system.

- Updates the HP Battery Health Manager BIOS to use the setting, Let HP manage my battery charging. This enables the system to optimize the battery charging policy for computer systems that are continuously connected to an AC power source.

NOTE: The BIOS setting "Battery Health Manager" changes to "Let HP manage my battery charging" only when the current setting in the BIOS Setup is "Maximize my battery duration".

The following are the possible outcomes after this update is run:

- If the current F10 setting is "Maximize my battery duration", the F10 setting changes to "Let HP manage my battery charging".
- If the current F10 setting is "Let HP manage my battery charging", the F10 setting remains "Let HP manage my battery charging".
- If the current F10 setting is "Maximize my battery health", the F10 setting remains "Maximize my battery health".

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately the fix didnt worked.

I installed the ipdate for my laptop (HP Battery Health Manager BIOS Setting Update 1.0.2.1 Rev.A) which actually is the same file as yours.

When I reboot, I checked the settings in the BIOS and the option was set to Maximize Battery Health. But afterwards the battrery still get fully charged.

Then I set the option in the BIOS to Let HP manage my battery charging, reboot, then again set the option to Maximize Battery Health, reboot, but the issue still persist.

Anyone with other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Problem was resolved when I just install the last firmware.

Looks like this is the solution untill the support gets their problems fixed ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.