Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17t-cb100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been attempting to use my HP Omen 17t-cb100 (GTX 2070 Super) with a thunderbolt dock to support 3 external 1080p monitors. The dock I am currently testing with is a Dell tb16 dock which has 2 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI, and 1 VGA port. Trying every possible combination I have only been able to get 2 external monitors working (using both display ports) or 1 external monitors(HDMI only, or VGA only). I've also noticed that no matter which configuration I use, the Nvidia control panel always shows that the external monitors are connected to DisplayPort #2 of the 2070 Super (with the 2 monitors working, it shows both monitors running off the same port, daisy chained). I should also note that I can use another laptop with this dock and support 3 external monitors with no problem. 

I was looking at the manual for the HP Thunderbolt Dock g2 (which is listed as an accessory for this laptop) and it has the ability to support 3 monitors. I am willing to purchase this dock if it will accomplish what I need, but with Thunderbolt being built on standards, I am wondering if the laptop is the issue rather than the dock.

Does anyone know how many monitors are supported on the HP Omen 17t-cb100 through thunderbolt?

Edit: I should include that I've tried all the normal steps in troubleshooting. Installing drivers, updating drivers, updating dock firmware, reboot, checked bios for settings, etc.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Paint812 

I tested HP USB-C Gen 5 dock on my HP Omen 15-dc0xxx machine and I've got 3 FHD external monitors using 2 DP ports and 1 HDMI port. The dock won't charge my machine when in use (that is understandable) but it mates perfectly with my HP Elitebook 840 G5.

I actually bought it from

https://cplonline.com.au/hp-5tw10aa-usb-c-dock-g5.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.