06-09-2016 01:38 PM
I'm having a Pavilion HP DM4 i5 , with 6 GB RAM installed. Is it possible to upgrade the RAM to 16 GB - which RAM-Modules do I need then? On the official documents the maximum RAM is 8 GB, but at the time, the documents were made, no 8GB-Modules were available.
Does the BIOS support 8GB Modules? The notebook has two slots, so my hope is, if I replace the built in 2x4GB with 2x8GB, I'll have 16 GB of RAM.
For what I need this? Running different virtual machines at one time for working. :-)
Thanks for your help!
06-09-2016 02:08 PM
32-bit Windows has an address space of 4GB.
You are limited to 4GB memory.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot