Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec0026nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, ihave Hp 15-ec0026nm and i m interested in increasing memory of my machine. Fabricly i have 2x4gb on 2666mhy, so i need to know what is maximum of memory suported by my cpu and MB and what is best buy option?

Thx in advanced

BR

Nikila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Nikila:

Below is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 15-ec series | Pavilion 15-ec0026nm | Crucial.com

It shows the maximum amount of memory and what memory kits are compatible.

Usually you can buy this memory almost anywhere.

Below is the link to the service manual.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, Nikila:

Below is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 15-ec series | Pavilion 15-ec0026nm | Crucial.com

It shows the maximum amount of memory and what memory kits are compatible.

Usually you can buy this memory almost anywhere.

Below is the link to the service manual.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop PC

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

first thx for fast reply. I saw both of these links, but in service manual i saw:

memorija.JPG

There is no configuration od 16gb x 2. it says max 32 gb, but there isn no 16x2 option?

And on Crucial I saw also 32gb is Max.

I hvave15-ec0026nm and i wanted to buy 2 of  HYPERX SO-DIMM Impact 16GB DDR4 2666MHz CL15 - HX426S15IB2/16

But I need to know is that possible to work:-/?

HP Recommended

Stay away from the performance or gaming memory. Best case it downclocks to run at OEM specs anyway and worst case its incompatible. CL=19 is the right latency and its DDR4-2666. As @Paul_Tikkanen says 32 gigs will work, and that Crucial memory or equivalent is the right choice. HP just did not sell it with 32 gigs and the Service Manual reflects the options offered by HP not what its possible to install as upgrade.. 

HP Recommended

Paul And Hufer

thx a lot guys:-)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Most likely HP left the 2 x 16 GB memory configuration out of the manual.

I have seen that before.

Other errors I find in some service manual is where they indicate 8 GB of memory is supported in one slot but only 4 GB in the second one.

I cannot think of an instance where a 12 GB memory max spec is correct.

If you can install 8 GB of memory in one slot, then you can install 8 GB of memory in the second one.

HP Recommended

Thx guys, i think about this topic and i think its 2x8gb with cl19 and 2666 enought (did i understood it well)

That 2x16 is not necesary.

HP Recommended

One more question guys. Which is better single or dual rank memory? I see there is two kind of crucial memory of 8gb.

CT8G4SFRA266

CT8G4SFS8266

HP Recommended

Dual rank aka low density has a history of better compatibility with HP laptops. But for recent models it is not really an issue. I just would not mix a low and a high density module...get 2 the same. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.