Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream Notebook - 13-c020na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I am trying to find out what the maximum capacity is for the micro SD card slot on my new Stream 13? Looking at the specifications, it seems to be 32gig but on some of the discussions elsewhere the suggestion is 64gig. I would prefer to add a 64gig card but don't want to spend the cash and discovere the limit really is only 32gig.

Can some kind soul please give me a definitive answer to this small puzzle? - 32gig or 64gig?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @clueless969,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and suggestions!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

HP does not provide the maximum size of the SD card accepted. I suspect that either size should work but sometimes there is a compatibility issue with the brand.

If you take your notebook with you to a local store such as Staples or Best Buy they may let you test one to be sure or have one you can try.

I hope this helps!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi, I think I am providing the Best Answer to my own question. 🙂

Purchased a 64GB Samsung Class 10 UHS-1 micro card, plugged it in and it popped up with the correct icon as SDXC - that was a great start.

Copied 5,947 pictures onto it with 7 directories and they filled 38.6GB of space and all is well. All of the pictures are accessible.

So, the answer to my question is - SDXC looks to be fine in an HP Stream 13. Couldn't afford to test with a 128GB card though. hahaha

HP Recommended

It's now 9th August and the 64gig card has been filled and partially emptied and all is still fine and so thumbs up to Samsung for providing a first rate card ...

...and no thumbs up for HP who couldn't manage to confirm the size of SDXC card that the Stream 13 would manage.

All we need now is some rich dude to please buy a 128gig card and let us know if it works. ;-))

HP Recommended

Well, I'm not a rich dude, but I did purchase Patriot 128 GB micro SDXC card. Slapped it in and my Stream 13 recognizes the card at proper capacity. Writing and reading appear to be functioning properly after testing for a half hour or so. Short answer is yes the Stream 13 will recognize a 128 GB micro SDXC card. I would not purchase a cheap 10 dollar card as those are likely trash in my opinion. Buy a decent card from a reputable source to avoid potential problems.

HP Recommended

Please refer to this post

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Maximum-size-of-micro-SD-card-f...

HP Multiformat Digital Media Card Reader with push-push technology.
Support SD/SDHC/SDXC with UHS-1

............................................................................................................................................

Re: HP Stream 13 - SD Card Specification Question

Hi there @wilson_b_a 

In answer to your question about the SD slot in your wife's notebook, I include a link to the:

HP Stream Notebook PC 13 Maintenance and Service Guide

On page 2, you can find the following:

External media cards

HP Multiformat Digital Media Card Reader with push-push technology.
Support SD/SDHC/SDXC with UHS-1

I hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.