Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-dh1065cl

16 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) (Transfer rates up to 2933 MT/s.) is what I have now. I want 32 GB.

What kinds of MEMORY MODULES can be used to add or replace memory in my laptop?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--> HP COMMERCIAL TEAM SUPPORT REDICULOUSLY SAYS THEY CAN NOT TELL ME HOW MANY MEMORY SLOTS MY LAPTOP HAS!!! <--

a) How many slots are there, and how can I populate them properly so they are all useable?

As an example of the types of accurate (as opposed to assumed) answers I am looking for:

"You have 4 slots available, but you have to fill them in pairs of 2, so either 2 or 4 have
to be filled in order for all the modules to be recognized. You can't use just 3 slots."

or

"There are 3 slots available. The first 2 need to be the same, for example 8GB each, but the
third can be either 8, 16, or 32GB."

b) What else can I buy that will work, either in larger storage modules EG: (2 x 16GB) or 1 or 2
more 8GB modules needing 3 or 4 slots (if there are more than 2 slots available)?
c) Is there a module length and/or thickness I need to make sure the modules are to insure they will
fit? Some have heat sinks. (For Example: Don't get if they are thicker/wider than 30mm, Etc...)
d) Can I use different speeds, and if so what is the range?
e) Can I use parity or non-parity, and what is the advantage to either of those?
f) Should they be ECC or any other similar designations or specification? I have no idea what ECC
or other similar specs mean, which is why I am asking this.
g) Are there any other limiting factors I need to know about for compatibility?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Thaum 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06655532

It has 2 slots of RAM. It has  16 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB) now. You can upgrade to

You can use 24GB (8+16) but what for ? You won't get full benefit of dual channels architecture for RAM.  You can use higher speed RAM but it will automatically downgrade to 2933MHz.

Your other questions are mixed up STORAGE and RAM therefore I can't answer. The above answer is for RAM upgrade.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Banhien.  The links to the memory you gave are for SODIMM modules. But what I have now are  SDRAM.  Are those compatible?  Also, I want to get these if they will work:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C4X9VR5/

HP Recommended

SODIMM is SDRAM.  The memory that you are looking at should be fully compatible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.