Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
2CL51EA#AB8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I want to upgrade my RAM memory. It has a MTA4ATF51264HZ-2G3B1 4GB RAM by default and two ram slots. I wonder how much each slot can support, and what type of ram I can add for the second slot? And I wonder  the ram having 4GBs, DDR4, 3200MHz, 1.2V, 260 pins is suitable for me or not. I search for user guide or something but found nothing.

(MY PC HP Laptop 15-bw0xx 2CL51EA#AB8) 

(Some specifications are

AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G

8331 27.32

for my pc)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP 15 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 15-bw0xxHP 15g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 15g-bx0xxHP 15q Lapto...

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

You can install 2 x 8 GB of DDR4 memory in your notebook.

No matter what speed DDR4 memory you install beyond 1866 MHz it is going to run at 1866 MHz anyway because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

So, if you want to install DDR4-3200 memory, that will work just fine, but will run at 1866 MHz.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP 15 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 15-bw0xxHP 15g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 15g-bx0xxHP 15q Lapto...

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

You can install 2 x 8 GB of DDR4 memory in your notebook.

No matter what speed DDR4 memory you install beyond 1866 MHz it is going to run at 1866 MHz anyway because that is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

So, if you want to install DDR4-3200 memory, that will work just fine, but will run at 1866 MHz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.