Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 15 15-j108la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI , i would like some help with this Issue , I took my laptop to a tech for a Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade then i  got it back working no issues , however i noticed my laptop a Little slow and decided to open it up and check RAM , It still have 12gb speed  of RAM however they don't look like the original RAM that came in with the PC , know it has a 4gb RAMAXEL memory and 8gb Samsung memory , please can anyone tell me the Brand of the original RAM that is found on this Laptops please , that i've been looking everywhere but i haven't been able to find it , so i can go back with the tech with a proof that those are not my memories . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The memory speed should be PC3L-12800 (1600 MHz).

I'm thinking the 4 GB chip was not installed by HP.

If any of the memory modules are 1333 MHz (PC3L-10600), then the whole works slows down to 1333 MHz when it should be running at 1600 MHz with the processor and chipset your notebook has.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, no one will be able to help you with that.

HP uses whatever memory they have in the factory at the time.

It could be Samsung, Micron, Hynix...

I've never heard of RAMAXEL memory before.

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your reply Mr Paul , I understand what you are telling me , however any information about HP envy RAM would be usefull , in the specs for this machine it says 12gb of RAM but it doesn't say anything about MHZ of them . does anybody know the MHZ that come with this laptop for the RAM ? I guess when you said about RAMAXEL RAM , it means , it shouldn't be there , so i can assume that was replaced by the tech .  do you know the MHZ for the memory ? thanks in advanced 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The memory speed should be PC3L-12800 (1600 MHz).

I'm thinking the 4 GB chip was not installed by HP.

If any of the memory modules are 1333 MHz (PC3L-10600), then the whole works slows down to 1333 MHz when it should be running at 1600 MHz with the processor and chipset your notebook has.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.