08-28-2016 02:20 AM
The machine has 8GB Ram as standard - Note I am Dual Booting Win10 and Win7.
System informs me that I have 8GB of which only 2.11 is usable.
I cannot find data indicating the upgrade possibilities for this machine.
The Crucial tool indicates that they have no upgrades.
Can anybody help ??
08-28-2016 02:34 AM
Which one is your main boot ? You are running 32 bit OS therefore it won't see anything over 4GB.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
08-28-2016 03:15 AM
The reason I look for more is that I am running a virtual machine on win7 and with only 2 GB to play with things are a little tight....I am still learning here btw. Does this mean that - even with more memory the OS grabs a pile for the Video Chip After it sees the 4GB ??? Thus always leaving the circa 2GB left as I have now ??? I was hoping the OS grabs its 4GB before video allocation ??
Your friendly Alien
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot