Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp14s cf0055tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 
I want to upgrade the memory for my laptop HP14S-CF0055TU, has 4gb SD RAM 2133 as of now. 
1) what's the maximum memory can this model support? 

2) how many memory slots are there in laptop?

Kindly advise. 

Thanks, 
Tushar

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06146792

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Two memory slots, each slot can take an 8 GB memory chip for a total of 16 GB.

HP Recommended

The maximum memory it can support is upto 16GB.

And it has 2 slots for RAM. So you can put 8GB in each. 

But do not forget to match up the size, frequency and latency of the new one with the older one. Otherwise it won't make the dual channel support.

I would rather suggest you to go with a new 8GB kit. That would contain 2x4GB. Those two will be identical to each other and you won't face any issues of system crash.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.