Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion Notebook M3Z14EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Re: Pavillion Notebook M3Z14EA#ABU     Bought from HP website.   Windows 10 64-bit

My Pavillion notebook only has 8GB memory and I would like to upgrade it.

I tried the Crucial website but their scan said there is no match for my system in their database.

HP has discontinued support for this model of laptop.

Any advice on where I can get a compatible memory card for my laptop and instructions on how to install it? (I have done this for our two old desktops, but have never opened a laptop before).

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Trini44 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the notebook.  In Chapter 6, Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Provider parts, Page 41, is a list of HP memory with part numbers.  Here is the 8 GB stick on Amazon.  You can contact one of the memory manufacturers to see what they have that will work, also.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook supports 16GB of DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB)

I see Crucial does not list your specific model, however, you can look at 17-g001nf which is from the same series and has the same upgrade possibilities.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-17-g001nf#MEMORYFilters

On page 41 of service manual, you can see the steps to install the RAM

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04655191

You should also consider replacing the 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SSD which would give a great boost in everyday performance.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this!

Crucial recognised Pavilion g-001nf and I've ordered one of the recommended 8GB memory cards.

Thanks also for suggestion re upgrade to SSD. Will look into this. Current hard drive is  TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 - 931.51 GB . 

Will post again to let you know how I've got on.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Yes, let us know how it works out. I really recommend upgrading to an SSD as it will greatly change the everyday performance of the PC. Personally, it has become difficult for me to use a PC without SSD as the difference in response time is so great.

Something like the Crucial MX500 or Samsung 860 Evo would be the best choice. You can always buy an external housing for the Toshiba HDD and use as an external drive.

Regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.