Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bp0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My microphone just records sounds/noise and not voice.  I already  did:

- Use the Troubleshooting tool: doesn't show any errors

- Updating the audio driver: Microphone drivers are updated

- Checking the sound settings - green bars respond if I touch the microphone

- Testing a microphone using Voice Recorder: Just records noise or if I touch the area of the microphone but no voice at all.

I'm not sure what's wrong, I connected an external microphone and it records normally but the internal microphone doesn't.

Hope you can help me

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Cinthia8932

I suggest you run the Microphone Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know the outcome

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio > Microphone

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion, but in my audio test I don't have the option for Microphone just the "Audio Playback Test" . I', not sure why.

HP Recommended

@Cinthia8932

Please download the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-15m-bp100-x360-convertible-pc/168... and check for the Test again 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

That test is still missing. I downloaded and installed form the link.

😞

HP Recommended

@Cinthia8932

At this point I suggest you perform a Reset. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.