Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-cx 0056wm

So i recently bought the mention  laptop. Everywhere i check its supposed to have 1tb of available hdd space. It doesnt. I checked the specs on the official site, on amazon, on a sticker on my own laptop...everywhere! And all i have is 256gb, i cant find the partitions in disk management or everywhere and every check up shows only 256gb hard drive.**

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ante93 

You're right in that the specs claim a 1TB HDD -- but I fail to understand why Disk Management would not show anything.

Even if you have an m.2 SSD, it should show THAT.

If you don't have access to a Windows partitioning tool, then I suggest you go to MiniTool Partition Wizard and download and install their free tool.  When you run that, it should show ALL the devices in the PC, even if Windows or Disk Management does not.

Oh, and threatening us volunteers with legal action is not going to get you anywhere!

Please report back what the partitioning tool finds.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@ante93

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. While we don't take the removal of information lightly, I'm sorry to inform you that your recent post has been edited / removed per our Rules of Participation (referenced below):

Think before you post: You may not use, or allow others to use, your registration membership to post or transmit: a) "Rants", "slams", or legal threats against HP, another company or any person.

This Community is not a venue for legal discussion. All users are expected to maintain a courteous tone when posting on the community. As this is a peer to peer community, if you wish to reach HP, you may use the contact information found here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html. Finally, your post has been forwarded to the appropriate team and expect a private message as a reply.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.