Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 dc1092tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

omen dc1092tx

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aditya2502

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to change the battery care function in the BIOS.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the below steps to change the battery care function.

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord if it is not already connected.

2. Turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press the F10 key to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

3. Using the arrow keys, select Advanced, and then select Power Management Options.

4. Click the Battery Health Manager drop-down menu to review the setting options and then select the appropriate setting.

• Let HP manage my battery charging: Use this setting to have the system balance charging between battery health and battery duration. The latest version of the Battery Health Manager dynamically changes how it charges the battery based upon usage conditions and temperature over time.

• Maximize my battery health: Use this setting if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time. This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%. The ability to store additional charge in a battery becomes less efficient after 80% and can add additional stress to the battery over time.

• Maximize my battery duration: Use this setting if you need your battery to last as long as possible between charges. The battery charges to 100% to provide maximum run time between charges.

NOTE: This setting might shorten the battery lifespan.

Selecting a Battery Health Manager setting

5. After you choose a setting, click Save, and then exit the BIOS Setup Utility.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.