Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavillion x360

Hello,

So I have noticed a burning smell from my laptop 😞

After opening it up i have noticed a burn mark on the motherboard. Picture attached.

Once I plug the power cable this spot on motherboard heats up extremely. I have tried different power supplies, so it's not the case.

I wonder could this motherboard still be fixed, or do I need a new one?

Thank you

20210319_152756.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The picture is not available yet. Can we have the full model number? How to find:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

Model number hp pavillion x360 14-cd0520sa

Is the picture not available? Shows for me.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Picture shows for me now, too. That is a pretty significant burn and likely means the motherboard is beyond repair. 

HP Recommended

@Tomass4

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

The Motherboard needs to be replaced

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.