Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-19-2021 07:34 AM
So I have noticed a burning smell from my laptop 😞
After opening it up i have noticed a burn mark on the motherboard. Picture attached.
Once I plug the power cable this spot on motherboard heats up extremely. I have tried different power supplies, so it's not the case.
I wonder could this motherboard still be fixed, or do I need a new one?
03-20-2021 05:58 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community
I would like to help
The Motherboard needs to be replaced
I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee